Satisfy your sweet tooth with these soft, chewy dairy and egg-free treats- our MacNut Cookie. Healthy cookies? Yes, please! What makes these cookies even more special, is that they are simple to put together and bake in a flash- making them perfect to have the kids help out! This delicious cookie recipe is part of The Avazera 14-Day Detox Program aimed at bettering your long-term health, way beyond 14 days.
It’s the weekend, which means get your bake on! Click here to get the recipe.
– 1 tbsp. of Avazera’s Baobab powder
– 2/3 cups of gluten-free oat flour
– ½ cups of almond meal
– ¼ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
– ½ tsp. of aluminum-free baking soda
– ⅓ cup of coconut sugar
– ⅓ cup of raw macadamia nuts, chopped
– ⅓ cup of Avazera’s organic Jungle Nuts, chopped
– ¼ cup of dairy-free chocolate chips
– 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
– 2 tbsps. of coconut oil, melted
– ¼ to 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond or cashew milk
1. Preheat oven to 380 ºF.
2. In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. In a smaller bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and mix well.
3. Add the wet into the dry ingredients and form a ball. You might need to add more cashew and almond milk or more flour to obtain a wet, but firm dough.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make little balls from the dough and flatten onto the baking sheet.
5. Bake for seven to ten minutes, or until they’ve spread out and look undercooked. They will continue cooking when removed from the oven.
6. Store if you don’t want to eat them all at once!
TIP: Melting coconut oil- if you prefer not to use a microwave to melt it, you can improvise by using a double boiler. Take one pot of water and bring it to a boil. Before it boils, place either a pot or a heat-safe bowl on top. The heat from the boiling water underneath will melt your coconut oil!
Let us know below if you will be baking up a storm with our MacNut cookie! Tag us in a picture @avazera and use the #AZ14Days and #avazera. We just love seeing your creations!