Going green doesn’t have to be difficult, nor expensive! Team Avazera has compiled a list of ten tips and tricks to help you create a lasting impression- one that’ll make both you and the earth proud.
Here are a few ways to get started!
Going Green Has Never Been Easier
1. Bring Your Own Bags: It’s that simple. While you are out and about doing your errands bring your own bags. It will help cut down on the amount of waste within our landfills and be easier on your wallet.
*Plastic bags don’t readily break down in the environment, with estimates for the time it takes them to decompose ranging from 20 to 1000 years!
2. Gift Plants: The next time you are thinking of buying flowers for someone, why not try a beautiful long-lasting plant instead? It will help purify the air in their home (bonus!), but you will also stop contributing to deforestation, waste, and pesticide use while offering a more sustainable choice for a gift.
3. Recycle! Recycle! Recycle! Not sure what is recyclable? Check out what is with this chart!
4. Drive Less, Move More: Instead of driving everywhere, why not walk, bike or whatever floats your boat to get to where you need to go. Not only will this significantly reduce your carbon footprint, it provides numerous health benefits for you as well. A definite win-win situation!
5. Going Meatless: Did you know that by reducing animal protein in your diet once a week can help the environment. It’s because animal protein takes up 20 times more resources of water, energy, and food to produce one pound of protein vs. plant-based proteins such as spirulina!
6. Harness the Sun: Try to not use the lights within your home for as long as you can and just enjoy the beauty of natural light.
7. Unplug: If you aren’t using a charger or an appliance, why is it still plugged in?
8. Reusable Water Bottles: Having a nice, BPA-free water bottle can drastically reduce the waste that plastic bottles create.
9. Cook Smart: When creating delicious meals try to make a conscious effort to cover up pots and pans. Why? The act of putting a lid on it helps reduce the amount of energy escaping. While at the same time helping shorten the time it takes to heat food and boil water.
10. Plan Ahead: Keep your kitchen and home well stocked with all the necessities by planning ahead of time what you need. This will not only save time, but effectively reduce your carbon footprint because less gas is being used for last minute trips.
Even if though these changes may seem small- they create a huge, positive change within our environment for future generations to come. While it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by going green- it truly doesn’t have to be with our tips by your side!